Sunday, February 26, 2012

Journal #6: Pastiche Rewrite

My rewrite was mainly focused on mirroring Hurston's syntax in my story.  I have long passages of imagery just like Hurston, but mine are composed of mainly all long sentences.  Hurston has a few long sentences followed by a very short one.  I was very happy with how my story and character development turned out in my first draft.  Therefore I only made a few minor tweaks to it and focused mainly on the imagery and sentence structure of my paper.  Along with the syntax changes that I mentioned earlier, I also switched around the order of some of the sentences.  This improved the flow of those passages and more accurately represented Hurston's writing where a long metaphor is slowly tied in to what is actually happening.  My dialect might need some revising in the future, but I am waiting until I get more feedback before I make any big changes to it.

No comments:

Post a Comment